Fire retardant wood has been used for many years in commercial structures but until now has rarely been used for residential structures due to cost and availability issues. It is the mission of SafeLumber to make fire retardant wood products widely available at reasonable prices.
The use of SafeLumber framing and plywood in a home can make the difference between damage to a room and loss of the home or even the difference between some property damage and injury or loss of life. The reduced spread of flames and reduced smoke development allows time for safe exit of the family and arrival of firefighters to limit the damage. With the availability of SafeLumber products the question is not if the home can afford fire treated wood but rather: Can you afford not to use SafeLumber?
- SafeLumber is difficult to ignite.
- Significantly slows the spread of flames
- Significantly reduces smoke development
- SafeLumber is kiln dried after treatment and requires no special fasteners, no special tools, and no treatment of cuts.
- The SafeLumber pressure treatment is optimized for fire protection, not as a preservative. However, the SafeLumber formulation contains boron which is widely used to protect from insect infestation.
The use of SafeLumber framing and plywood in a home may help reduce insurance costs and increase resale value of the home. SafeLumber will provide literature and a certificate for inclusion in your home owners notebook. The certificate will detail which parts of the home are protected by SafeLumber.
Please contact us for a quote on your home or commercial fire retardant treated wood needs. We supply SafeLumber products to the Southeast and Midwest.
View our video demonstration at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zsiyXCKu0&feature=youtu.be